Summer is swiftly passing by, and it’s getting time to get ready for school. We hope that your summer has been one to remember. To our residents who are moving, we appreciate your time here with us and hope you continue to be great! To our returning residents, it will only get better from here! New events, more engagement, and more customer service to your needs. Enjoy the month of July, and we will see y’all in August!
If you leave your apartment for July, set your thermostat to 70 degrees. Also, make sure to lock your doors and room doors if you have a roommate.
Don’t forget that move-out day is July 31 at noon! All keys must be turned into the office before you move out.
Reminders and Updates
We are still doing our Referral Credit! If you refer anyone to stay here with us, you will get a $150 rent credit, and the person you refer will get $100. You will only receive the credit if the person signs and completes their lease.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Ice Cream Bar — July 5 from 3–5 p.m. — Beat the heat with us in the clubhouse at our Ice Cream Bar. We’ll have different types of toppings, flavors, and more.
What Do You Want to See at Lafayette Place? — July 18 — What events do you want to see at Lafayette Place? What can we do to make your stay here better? What are we doing that you like? Let us know what you want to see so we can make your stay here better.
Donation Day — July 23 from 2–5 p.m. — If you have any clothes or items you don’t want, drop them off in the clubhouse for donation to Goodwill and the Salvation Army.
Farewell Day — July 27 from 3–5 p.m. — We’ll be saying “see ya later” to our residents that are moving out at the end of the month. We’ll be giving away goodie cups and cake in the clubhouse.