Finals are over, and we know all of you rocked them! Now that summer is on the horizon, it’s time to relax and hit the pool. For those of you who are graduating, Lafayette Place congratulates you on a well-deserved victory! We would also like to welcome all of our new residents and staff members! Please join us for our many events, which are great opportunities to meet new people and make new friends. And, of course, there will be food and prizes!
Enjoy the great upcoming weather!
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies, just not their poo.
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter free by taking trash to the compactor and not leaving it by your doors.
- No outside furniture or trash are allowed on balcony/patios.
- Anyone who brings in a sublease who renews for fall 2017 gets their sublease fee waived.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 801-5100 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
Grill and Chill — Every Friday from 2–5 p.m. — Come by the clubhouse every Friday this summer to enjoy nice summer days by the pool with fellow residents. There will be a nice cookout with free food and guaranteed fun!
Birthday Celebration — Friday, June 2 @ 2 p.m. — Celebrate all residents with June birthdays!
Car Wash — Tuesday, June 6 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
Cornhole Tournament — Friday, June 9 @ 1 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse and enjoy a Grove favorite: cornhole. Come flex your skills in our cornhole tournament.
Oxford Jeopardy — Monday, June 12 @ 2 p.m. — Enjoy a fun game of Jeopardy Oxford/Ole Miss edition. Prizes will be given!
Battle of the Buildings: Water Balloon Fight — Thursday, June 15 — Enjoy a refreshing balloon fight. Come out and rep your building!
Happy Hour — Tuesday, June 20 from 2–4 p.m. — Grab a refreshing Sonic slush on us!
Dessert Day — Thursday, June 22 @ 2 p.m. — Come by the clubhouse and build your own sundae for our Dessert Day!
Family Feud — Monday, June 26 from 2–4 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and play a fun game of Family Feud!
Milkshake Day — Wednesday, June 28 @ 2 p.m. — Celebrate Milkshake Day with us!