We don’t know about you all, but we’re going to spend summer how it’s meant to be spent — by the pool! We’ve got a lot of great events planned for you, including Food Truck Fridays, barbecues by the pool, and Waffle Wednesdays. We’ll be cranking up the tunes, serving up free food, and giving away tons of prizes all month long.
We’d also like to take this time to extend a warm welcome to our new residents and staff members! Make sure to stop by our events this month — they’re great opportunities to meet new people and make new friends.
Stay cool out there — it’s getting hot!
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies — just not their poo. And don’t forget to stop by the clubhouse for free treats!
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter free by taking trash to the compactor and not leaving it by your doors.
- No outside furniture or trash are allowed on balcony/patios.
- Anyone who brings in a sublease who renews for fall 2017 gets their sublease fee waived.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 801-5100 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Light It Up Pool Party — Monday, July 3 from 4–7 p.m. — Swing by the pool area, where we’ll be passing out glow sticks and sparklers for an evening sure to light up the sky! We’ll have refreshing fruit, cool beverages, and lots of popsicles, too.
Food Truck Friday — Friday, July 7 from 2–6 p.m. — The first in our new series of Food Truck Fridays! Sno Biz will be joining us this day. FREE snow cones to anyone wearing red, white, AND blue in honor of Independence Day!
Treat Yo’ Self Tuesdays — Tuesday, July 11 from 1–5 p.m. — We’ll be passing out FREE Marble Slab Creamery in the office to anyone who takes a #treatyoself selfie and tags us on one of our social media pages!
Waffle Wednesday — Wednesday, July 12 from 10 a.m.–noon — Stop by the clubhouse and make yourself some breakfast! We’ll supply everything you need for a nice, hearty morning pick-me-up. Just wait until you see all of the topping options!
Monday Blues BBQ — Monday, July 17 from 2–5 p.m. — Don’t let Monday get you down! We’re firing up the grills and barbecuing all afternoon. We’ll also be hosting a volleyball tournament — the winning team will receive a special prize. Invite your friends — we’ll cook for them, too!
Food Truck Friday— Friday, July 21 from 2–6 p.m. — The second event in our new series: The YoknapaTaco truck will be stationed in the parking lot. Lunch is on us. Bring your friends out to mingle — even the furry ones!
If you have any awesome ideas for upcoming events, let us know! The suggestion box is in the clubhouse, and if we pick your idea, you’ll get a $50 gift card!