“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
The fall weather is here, and the favorite holidays of the year are near! We hope that you are enjoying this cool weather and ready for the festive events we have planned. Also, it’s renewal season! Renew today for the lowest rates, and secure your spot for next year.
With the weather starting to get cooler, you will probably smell a burning-like smell when you turn on your heat. No need to worry; the smell will go away within 15–20 minutes. The smell is only there because it has been awhile since the heat was on.
Reminders and Updates
Any trash in the hallways or by front doors will cause for a $25 fine to be added to your account for each bag.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Check out the Career Success Portal. Did you know that your community offers you 24/7 access to millions of jobs and internships along with many tools to improve your resume and interviewing skills? Check out CareerSuccessPortal.com and create an account today!
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Did you know you can build your credit history just by paying your rent? A strong credit history can help you with achieving personal and professional success. We have partnered with RentTrack to offer you the opportunity to have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus! Participants in this program have seen their credit scores go up an average of 51 points! Get more details and enroll today at renttrack.com/campusadvantage.
Community Events Calendar
Turkey Giveaway — November 1–15 — It’s leasing season, and we’re bringing out all the tricks! Anyone who renews or signs before November 15 will be entered in to win a turkey!
Thankful Thursday — November 8 — With it being the month of giving thanks, we’ll be delivering handwritten letters telling you how we are thankful for your stay here.
Pie Eating Contest — November 9 from 5–7 p.m. — It’s the month of eating pies. So why not have a pie eating contest?! We’ll have six contestants in the game, and the winner will get their electricity fees waived!
Thanksgiving Dinner — November 15 from 4:30–6 p.m. — Join us for our annual Thanksgiving dinner. We’ll have Thanksgiving festivities, decorations, and more in the clubhouse.
Finals Prep — November 26–30 — Finals are around the corner, and we’re getting ready for the big moment. We’ll have Scantrons, pencils, and more in the office.