Fall is here, and October is jam-packed with spooktacular events. We’re looking forward to hosting some great things for you this month. As always, if you have any questions, please stop by the office or email us at [email protected]
- Check out your new Resident Portal for all things Lafayette Place.
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies, just not their poo.
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter-free by taking trash to the compactor. If trash is left out, it is a $25 fee per bag.
Reminders and Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 607-6400 for any after-hours emergencies. After-hours lockouts have a $50 fee and a $70 fee on holidays.
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
- This is a smoke-free community! Smoking fines are $100 for the first time and double each additional time.
- Parking is by permit only. If you have a guest, please come by the front office to get a guest parking pass. If it’s after hours, please call (662) 607-6400.
We hope you’ve had a good start to the semester! Everyone should be settled in by now and ready to take on the school year. October will be packed with events and a special Resident Appreciation Week, so be sure to look at the events section in this newsletter.
Renewal rates and new lease rates are ready! Please stop by the front desk so we can answer any questions you have in regard to renewing your lease — we’re happy to help and would love to see you stay with us next year!
Get involved. Get ahead.
Did you know students who are involved outside of the classroom are more successful in their academic pursuits? If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to find opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community. Your campus’ student activities office is a great place to start to find out about clubs, organizations, and campus events. You can also connect with our team to find ways to get connected. Whether it’s the chess club or intramural football, or volunteering at a local shelter, we would love to help you find ways to get involved both at your Campus Advantage community and on campus.
Community Events Calendar
Movie Night — Every Wednesday Night in October @ 7:30 p.m. — Come by and enjoy a spooky film! Drinks and snacks will be provided.
Balcony Banner Contest — October 14–19 — Put your artistic skills to the test! Decorate your balcony with a banner, and we’ll judge the winner. (P.S. There will be an awesome prize!) The theme will be a game day/sport.
Nacho Average Monday — October 21 @ 2 p.m. — Who doesn’t like nachos? It’s a great Monday snack, so come by and build your own nachos.
Murder Mystery — October 25 @ 7 p.m. — Come for a night of crime-solving fun. Dress up to impress as we investigate a murder at Lafayette Place!
Fall Carnival — October 30 from 4–8 p.m. — Come and enjoy a festival fall carnival with games, food, music, and so much more!