Welcome to our family! We hope that your first couple weeks of school have been great! Rebel Football is back in Oxford, and we’re excited to catch games all season long! If you’re not taking trips to watch the Rebs play, you can cheer them on in the clubhouse on our 70″ TVs! Be sure to pay attention to our special tips to win some tickets!
Stop by the office for any resident events for a chance to win a pair of Egg Bowl tickets!!
Reminders and Updates
Any trash left in front of your door will result in a $25 fine being added to your account for each bag.
Tips on Living with Roommates!
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you’re sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being, the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
- Grace Your Space — All Month — Show off your decorating skills by entering our Grace Your Space contest. Email photos of your place to [email protected] by September 15. Voting will start on Facebook and Instagram at that time and will run until the end of the month. The winner will receive $50 Target gift card!
- Wing Wednesday — Every Wednesday in September from 4–7 p.m. — Come in to the office to grab some wings with the crew and talk about your experience so far with us!
- Mental Break Monday — September 17 from 4–6 p.m. — Come make a healthy smoothie and catch a few moments of relaxation in our Zen clubhouse. We’ll have mediation space available for a quick reset early in the semester.
- Roomie Game Show — September 24 from 6–8 p.m. — Is your roommate your best friend? Come test out how much you know against other pairs in the community. If you know the most about your roommate, you could win $50!