The weather is changing, leaves are falling, and Ole Miss football is here! It’s fall! We hope that you guys have all transitioned into your new apartments. If you have any questions or concerns, please be sure to email us or call during our office hours. Once again, thank you for making us your new home and family. Hotty Toddy!
— Lafayette Place
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies — just not their poo.
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter free by taking trash to the compactor and not leaving it by your doors to avoid fines.
- No outside furniture or trash are allowed on the balcony/patios.
- Remember to not overload washers/dryers. This could cause them to stop working.
- If you leave for an extended period, please keep the air system at a temperature of 74 degrees to avoid too much moisture in the unit.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 801-5100 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
We hope you’ve had a good start to the semester! Everyone should be settled in by now and ready to take on the school year. October will be packed with events, so be sure to look at the events section in this newsletter.
Renewal rates and new lease rates are ready! Please stop by the front desk so we can answer any questions you have in regard to renewing your lease — we’re happy to help.
Get involved. Get ahead.
Did you know students who are involved outside of the classroom are more successful in their academic pursuits? If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to find opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community. Your campus’ student activities office is a great place to start to find out about clubs, organizations, and campus events. You can also connect with our team to find ways to get connected. Whether it’s the chess club or intramural football, or volunteering at a local shelter, we would love to help you find ways to get involved both at your Campus Advantage community and on campus.
How are we doing?
Have you filled out your resident satisfaction survey yet? Please take a moment to let us know how we’re doing and get a chance to win a $1,000 or $500 gift card! Simply visit http://ratemy.community. We are always working to improve your experiences!
Community Events Calendar
Blood Drive — October 3 — Do you like helping others? Come out to donate blood with Mississippi Blood Services!
Yappy Hour — October 4 — We’ll be passing out dog treats to our furry little friends at the dog park!
De-stress Event — October 5 — Midterms can bring stress and tiredness, but we have you covered! We’ll have a professional massage therapist come out to give 15-minute massages to our residents.
Freebie Friday — October 6 — Everyone loves free food! Join us for Freebie Friday as we end our Resident Appreciation Week.
Professional Headshots — October 16 from 2–5 p.m. — Everyone needs a professional headshot! Come by the office to get yours.
Resume Workshop — October 19 — We’ll have the career director from the university come by to help residents with their resumes and give tips on how to improve them.
Pumpkin Carving — October 26 — Get in the Halloween spirit by carving pumpkins with us!
Halloween Goody Bags — October 31 — You may be too old to trick or treat, but you’re never too old for candy! We’ll have goody bags for residents all day on Halloween!