The year is almost over, which means the best holidays of the year are here! As Nigel Hamilton said, “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” We’re thankful for having wonderful residents like you! Our renewal season has started, and we would be even more thankful if you renew. Enjoy the holiday with your family! Happy Thanksgiving!
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies — just not their poo.
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter free by taking trash to the compactor and not leaving it by your doors to avoid fines.
- No outside furniture or trash are allowed on the balcony/patios.
- Remember to not overload washers/dryers. This could cause them to stop working.
- If you leave for an extended period, please keep the air system at a temperature of 74 degrees to avoid too much moisture in the unit.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 801-5100 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Community Events Calendar
No Shave November — All Month — Who can grow the thickest, longest beard for a month?! The winner will be announced at the end of the month! Please submit photos to our social media platforms to enter to win.
Canned Food Drive — November 6 — We’ll be collecting canned food items for our local food bank!
Thankful Thursday — November 9 — We’re thankful for having you as our residents! We’ll be giving thanks by writing notes to our residents!
Door Décor — November 10 — Decorate your door with fall items. Stop by the office where we’ll have all your decorating needs!
Thanksgiving Feast — November 16 — Before you eat Thanksgiving dinner with your family, join us for OUR family dinner!
Taco ‘Bout Renewal — November 27 — Let’s talk about renewing while eating tacos! Win-win for both of us!