It’s a new year, which brings new beginnings, new goals, and new opportunities! We hope that you enjoyed your holiday break and are ready to take on the spring semester. Don’t forget to stop by our recently renovated clubhouse! As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies — just not their poo.
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter free by taking trash to the compactor and not leaving it by your doors to avoid fines.
- No outside furniture or trash are allowed on the balconies/patios.
- Remember to not overload washers/dryers. This could cause them to stop working.
- If you leave for an extended period, please keep the heating system set to at least 50–55 degrees to avoid too much moisture in the unit.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 801-5100 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
Written by Megan McCollum
You’ve conquered your final exams, spent time with family, and brought in the new year with friends. But now what? How do you ensure that you’ll be at the top of your game with a new course load when you’re so used to relaxing at home?
Here’s a hint: Start now. Buy your books, find your classrooms, spend some time cleaning your room and clearing your desk.
As the fall semester probably taught you, college flies by. There’s no time to slowly ease back into it — take a deep breath, prepare your mind, and dive in. Don’t just take it day by day; create a study schedule, make some friends and form a study group, and talk to your advisor and get to know them.
There are thousands of resources at your fingertips just waiting to be used. For example, places to study. Trying to focus in your bedroom with your roommates around and electronics everywhere is hard, so take advantage of your property’s clubhouses and study rooms, as well as places on campus.
Once you’ve found your perfect study place, it’s time to use the resources available to you. College students today rely on technology for almost everything, from textbooks to full online courses and online study materials. There are even some apps that can be used to help you study, such as iTunes U and Brainscape. If you aren’t using your cell phone to study, turn it off — social media will be there when you’re done, but your professor won’t wait around for you to learn.
If you find yourself procrastinating, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why this assignment is important. Don’t ask why you don’t want to do it; ask yourself what you will benefit from it. Ask yourself what you can learn, and why it’s meaningful.
Reward yourself with something you can truly withhold from yourself if you don’t complete the task. Offering yourself candy or saying you won’t go to that show if you don’t write your paper isn’t meaningful enough to motivate you. Find something you truly want, and when you reward yourself, notice how it feels.
Don’t settle for less. Don’t wait for things to just work out. Start now.
Community Events Calendar
New School Year Resolution — January 19 — What are your goals for this semester? Do you want to be better than last semester? Let us know your goal, and we’ll pull them back out in May to see if you reached it.
Nacho Average Welcome Back — January 22 — Welcome back! Come by to grab some nachos on us, and check out our newly renovated clubhouse!
Breakfast on the Go — January 23 — Start the spring semester off right by eating breakfast with us in the clubhouse!
Sip-n-Sign — January 24 — Come by to grab some hot chocolate and renew your lease! If you renew your lease, you’ll get a gift card to Starbucks or Juva!
Health Bar — January 26 — Let’s be healthy this year! We’ll have apples, yogurt, mixed nuts, protein bars, and even a salad bar!