No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.
- Please remember to pick up after your pets. We love our puppies — just not their poo.
- Remember to keep our breezeways clean and clutter free by taking trash to the compactor and not leaving it by your doors to avoid fines.
- No inside furniture or trash are allowed on the balconies/patios.
- Remember to not overload washers/dryers. This could cause them to stop working.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (662) 801-5100 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees are applied on the 4th at 8 a.m.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Speaking of career success, did you know that as a resident of a Campus Advantage property you have FREE access to our exclusive Career Success Portal? Browse millions of jobs, including over 500,000 unique job postings, build your resume, practice your interviewing skills, and much more. To access the Career Success Portal, visit your resident portal and look for the sign-up link!
Community Events Calendar
Black History Month — All Month — Little-known Black History Month facts were chosen and set up to post on our social media accounts throughout the month of February.
The Big Game Watch Party — February 4 — Come watch the Big Game with us in the clubhouse! Free food and drinks will be available.
National Pizza Day — February 9 — Enjoy pizza with us in the clubhouse on National Pizza Day!
Smoothie Tuesday — February 13 — Come get a free smoothie from Smoothie King!
Valentine’s Goodies — February 14 — Don’t have a bae or boo for Valentine’s Day? Stop by the office to get a goodie bag from us!
Presidents Trivia Day — February 19 — In observance of Presidents Day, we’ll be having trivia questions throughout the day on our social media! Get the answer correct and get lunch on us.